- About Us
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How We Collect Personal Information Via Our Website
- If You Do Not Provide Personal Information We Need
- The Bases On Which We Process Information About You
- Information We Process Because We Have (Or May Have) A Contractual Obligation With You
- Information We Process With Your Consent
- Information We Process For The Purposes Of Legitimate Interests
- Information We Process Where We Believe We Have A Duty To Do So
- Information Relating To your Method Of Payment
- Job Application And Employment
- Communicating With Us
- Your Duty To Inform Us Of Changes
- Access To Your Personal Information
- Use Of Site By Children
- Retention Period For Personal Information
- Compliance With The Law
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The Policy is specific to this Website only.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Our Policy is not just an exercise in complying with the law, but a continuation of our respect for you and your personal information.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us.
Our Policy makes every effort to comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 (the 'Act'), which incorporates the EU General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR'). The Act remains in force even after the UK leaves the European Union.
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by inviting you to read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our Website.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into groups as follows:
- Your identity includes information such as first name, last name, title, date of birth, and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time.
- Your contact information includes information such as billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and any other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting.
- Your financial data includes information such as your payment card details.
- Transaction data includes details about payments or communications to and from you and information about products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical data includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us; communication preferences; responses and actions in relation to your use of our services.
- We may aggregate anonymous data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous data is data that does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal information in law because it does not reveal your identity.
For example, we may aggregate profile data to assess interest in a product or service.
However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can identify you in any way, we treat the combined data as personal information and it will be used in accordance with this Policy.
How We Collect Personal Information Via Our Website
As you use our Website, we will (subject to your approval) collect technical data as defined above. We collect this data using cookies.
Cookies are small text files containing information that a website transfers to your device for record-keeping purposes, which allows us to analyse our site traffic patterns. As you navigate and interact with our site, certain information will be collected automatically.
If You Do Not Provide Personal Information We Need
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform that contract. In that case, we may have to stop providing a service to you. If so, we will notify you of this at the time.
The Bases On Which We Process Information About You
The law requires us to determine under which defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
Information We Process Because We Have (Or May Have) A Contractual Obligation With You
When you buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information. We may use it in order to:
- Verify your identity for security purposes.
- Sell products to you.
- Provide you with our services.
- Provide you with suggestions and advice on services and how to obtain the most from using our Website.
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information We Process With Your Consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our Website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our services further.
Information We Process For The Purposes Of Legitimate Interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- Whether the same objective could be achieved through other means.
- Whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm.
- Whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would consider it reasonable for us to do so. For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- Record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business.
- Responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response.
- Protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party.
- Insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk.
- Protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so.
Information We Process Where We Believe We Have A Duty To Do So
Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
Information Relating To your Method Of Payment
Payment information for tickets purchased through our Website is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our Website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal. That page may, or may not, be branded to look like a page on our Website, but it is not controlled by us.
Job Application And Employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it indefinitely in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we may keep that information indefinitely.
Communicating With Us
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our Website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our organisation.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
If/when we receive a complaint, we will record all the information you have given to us.
We will use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
If you are not happy with our Policy or if you have any complaint then you should tell us.
If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about your concern before you approach the ICO.
Your Duty To Inform Us Of Changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes.
Access To Your Personal Information
We do not believe that we retain any personal information except as detailed above. However, you are legally entitled to contact us to request a copy of any information we may hold about you.
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
Use Of Site By Children
We do not market to children.
If you are under 18, you may use our Website only with consent from a parent or guardian.
Retention Period For Personal Information
Except as otherwise mentioned in this Policy, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us to:
- provide you with the services you have requested;
- comply with any law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities; and
- support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance With The Law
Our Policy has been compiled with the intention to comply with the law of every country or legal jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your jurisdiction, we should like to hear from you.
We may update this Policy from time to time as necessary. The date of the last review was 27 May 2019. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our Website on the day you use it. We advise you to print a copy for your records.